26 juil. 2021

I’m Obsessed With ‘Old.’ The Twist: I Won’t See It.


M. Night Shyamalan’s new movie has a trailer that eerily resonates with our strange times; and that’s enough for me.

Let me say up front that I do not expect to see M. Night Shyamalan’s latest movie, “Old,” which arrived in theaters last week, for no other reason than that I am traveling and haven’t set foot in a theater in almost two years. But in the past few weeks, I have watched its trailer over and over, enthralled by its combination of existential horror and unintended humor. The trailer introduces us to some people who become trapped on a remote beach, where they begin to age at an insanely accelerated pace. Naturally, they try to figure out what’s happening, floating theories and freaking out

- NY Times Magazine