9 juin 2011

Film on Paper


After two years of preparation, I am very proud and excited (and a bit nervous) to finally reveal this personal project to the world. Film on Paper was created because I decided I wanted to photograph my collection of original film posters and share them with a wider audience. The site represents 17 years worth of collecting and features posters from all genres as well as several countries, multiple sizes and various formats.

The ‘About’ section features further details about the creation and intention of the site, but I thought it might be worth listing some statistics:

- At launch there are 1494 posters represented with their own individual pages and a total of 12,080 images attached to them.
- These pages represent approximately 950 individual films (exact figure to be confirmed)
- All the photographs were taken by me and in total over 2 terabytes of images were captured before they were curated.
- Every single image was manually tweaked (lens correction, cropping, white-balance corrected etc) using Adobe Lightroom. No batch-processing here!
- In total I have spent well over 1000 hours preparing the site for launch.


-Film on Paper